A little known set of rules can pose great danger for employers and their foreign national employees. They are the export licensing regulations administered and enforced by the Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) of the US Department of Commerce and other agencies. Even if your company does not directly export goods to other countries, the hire of a foreign national can trigger the “deemed export” rule.
Our Deemed Export Control Compliance service includes:
- Deemed export licensing, compliance counseling, and representation
- Representation of clients in deemed export control enforcement actions and government investigations.
- Internal investigations and preparation of voluntary disclosures.
- Audits of export control programs, processes, documentation and transactions.
- Export control merger and acquisition due diligence.
- In-house training on deemed export rules.
As your company’s on-call immigration counsel, our firm promises extraordinary efficiency and truly dedicated service. Rather than interfering in company operations, we work closely with you to complement them.
Call our employer hotline now on 214-472-2161 or complete the form to schedule a confidential and thorough 30-minute consultation. Our meeting will provide you with a concise roadmap on how to best proceed with your compliance needs. Our service is nationwide. Regardless of the location of your business, we will be glad to assist.
NOTE: Immigration law changes frequently. The resources and information provided on this web site are intended to help you understand basic issues involved in the immigration process, and are offered only for general informational and educational purposes. This information is not offered as, nor does it constitute legal advice or legal opinions. Although we strive to keep this information current, we neither promise nor guarantee that the information is the latest available, or that it applies to your specific situation. You should not act or rely upon the information in these pages without seeking the advice of an attorney.