EAD applicants can now apply for work permit and social security number on the same form

EAD and social security number application on the same form USCIS announcement on October 2, 2017: WASHINGTON – Based on a new information-sharing partnership between U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and the Social Security Administration (SSA), foreign nationals in certain categories or classifications can now apply for work authorization and a social security number using a ...
Read More

Haitian TPS Extended until 1/18/2018. Applicants Must Renew EAD by 7/24/2017.

USCIS Announcement to Employers: The Secretary of Homeland Security has extended the Temporary Protected Status (TPS) designation for Haiti for 6 months, from July 23, 2017, through Jan. 22, 2018. If your employee is a current beneficiary of Haiti’s designation for TPS: To be able to use his or her Form I-766, Employment Authorization Document (EAD), as evidence of employment eligibility after it...
Read More

I-9 Form Alert:  USCIS issues New Guidance for Employers on Automatic Extensions of Employment Authorization Documents

I-9 Form Alert:  USCIS issues New Guidance for Employers on Automatic Extensions of Employment Authorization Documents For those that qualify, an employment authorization document (EAD) gives immigrants  permission to work for a specific period of time, usually one or two years.  For continued work authorization, workers should apply for renewal 180 days before the EAD expiration date to ensure t...
Read More

Online STEM OPT Hub and Resources on DHS Final Rule

The Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) released a STEM OPT hub on the Study in the States website, to help school officials, students, and employers understand the new DHS final rule on OPT for F-1 students. The website includes a transition plan and training plan, as well as FAQs. The Transition Plan section outlines what international students can expect during the next few months an...
Read More

H-1B vs. EAD/AP – Physician Choice?

We are frequently asked: “if it is okay to use the EAD to moonlight or return to the United States (after traveling abroad) using the AP in lieu of applying for an H-1B visa?” An Employment Authorization Document (EAD) allows an individual to work with any organization without restrictions. An Advance Parole (AP) allows an individual to return to the United States after traveling abroad with...
Read More

USCIS Instructs DACA Recipients to Immediately Return Three-Year EADs

In response to the injunction in Texas v. United States, the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is requiring individuals with three-year EADs that were issued after the injunction to return their EADs to USCIS. Please note, this does not affect EADs that were issued before the injunction. USCIS sent a letter to affected DACA recipients (click here to view the template) w...
Read More

Immigrants and Their Advocates File Class Action Lawsuit Against USCIS and DHS for Unlawful Delays in Adjudicating Applications for Employment Authorization

From the American Immigration Council: May 26, 2015 Washington D.C.– Last Friday, three immigrants and two immigration service providers filed a nationwide class action lawsuit against U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) for unlawfully delaying the adjudication of their applications for employment authorization. Filed by the America...
Read More
Call Now